- Photo Tours
- Carnival Breeze – Exotic Eastern Caribbean
- Carnival Freedom – Western Caribbean
- Carnival Miracle – Mexican Riviera
- Carnival Pride – Bahamas from Baltimore
- Coral Princess – Ultimate Alaska with Cruise Experts Travel
- Cuba Cruise Louis Cristal – Cuba
- MSC Divina – Eastern Caribbean
- Norwegian Breakaway – Christening
- Norwegian Epic – Eastern Caribbean
- Norwegian Pearl – Alaska RT Seattle
- Quantum of the Seas – Preview Cruise
- Zuiderdam – Alaska Inside Passage
- Hurtigruten FRAM – Antarctica
- Hurtigruten Midnatsol – North Cape
- Passing Cloud – BC’s Gulf Islands
- Passing Cloud – Haida Gwaii
- S.S. Legacy – Columbia & Snake Rivers
- Safari Endeavour – Alaska’s Glacier Country
- Safari Voyager – Mexico’s Sea of Cortes
- Schooner Zodiac – Brew Cruise 2013
- Schooner Zodiac – Wine Cruise
- Silver Discoverer – Australia to Indonesia
- Silver Explorer – Arctic Svalbard
- Silver Explorer – British Isles
- Silver Galapagos – Galapagos Islands
- Wind Spirit – Stockholm to Oslo
- Wind Star – Rome to Nice
- EUROPA 2 – Greece & Turkey
- Queen Mary 2 – Eastbound Transatlantic 2012
- Queen Mary 2 – Westbound Transatlantic 2015
- Silver Shadow – Exotic Alaska
- Silver Shadow – Southeast Asia & Myanmar
- Silver Spirit – Athens to Barcelona
- Silver Spirit- Eastbound Transatlantic
- Silver Wind – Mediterranean
- Silver Wind – Middle East
- Silver Wind – South Africa
- AmaLotus – Cambodia & Vietnam
- AmaLyra- Danube Christmas Markets
- American Empress on the Columbia
- Emerald Waterways Emerald Star – Danube Delights
- S.S. Maria Theresa – Christening
- Tauck ms Inspire – Maiden Voyage
- Tauck Swiss Jewel – Blue Danube
- Viking Baldur – Danube Christmas
- Viking Baldur – Rhine Christmas
- Viking Forseti – Chateaux, Rivers & Wine
- Viking Freya – Danube Christmas
- Viking Longships Christening 2012
- Viking Longships Christening 2013
- Viking Longships Christening 2014
- Viking Longships Christening 2015
- Viking Vidar – Grand European Tour
- Upcoming Cruises
- About FTDC
Fairmont Vancouver Airport
3111 Grant McConachie Way, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada | Tel: 604.207.5200
Airport hotels don’t get much better than the Fairmont Vancouver Airport, located directly within Vancouver International Airport (YVR) just one level above the United States check-in counters. Inside, everything a Fairmont-ite could want is present: excellent service, well-appointed rooms and a hint of understated luxury. But there are also a few things that make this Fairmont unique, like sound-proofed rooms and views of either the North Shore Mountains (and the transborder and international terminals), or a view of the airport’s south runway.
The Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel opened in 1999 and is the only airport hotel in the world to make Conde Nast’s prestigious 100 Gold List.
Being a Vancouverite, I’ve made use of the Fairmont Vancouver Airport (YVR) more times than I can count before early-morning flights or when arriving from late-night journeys. With its convenient location and almost direct access to the Canada Line rapid transit to downtown Vancouver, it’s my “go-to” base for nearly everything. Sure, there are other airport hotels nearby, but nothing beats the convenience of being right inside the airport. Why go anywhere else?
Rooms at the Fairmont YVR are spacious and – perhaps most importantly – remarkably sound proofed. On the standard guest floors, they come in two configurations: regular rooms that feature bathrooms with glass showers, separate soaker tubs, and a private toilet area; and slightly larger Studio Rooms that position the jetted soaker tub in front of two large retractable wooden doors that open onto the main room, allowing you to enjoy your bubble bath – and the planes taking off – all at once.
Room lights are almost all on dimmers, and each light source can be digitally controlled from a center console located on the nightstand next to the bed. A proper desk situated near the floor-to-ceiling windows is made for road warriors, and features easy-to-access power outlets for charging laptops and iPads.
My personal favorite, though, are the rooms that overlook the North Shore Mountains. I’m a huge plane spotter, and I love watching aircraft come and go at the US terminal. The hotel even has a high-powered telescope in many rooms for enhanced views of the runway and the surrounding scenery.
The Fairmont YVR also has an exclusive Fairmont Gold floor that features enhanced accommodations and amenities that include:
- Complimentary Deluxe Continental breakfast buffet served between 6:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. daily.
- An option for a complimentary Continental Breakfast to be delivered to the room, before lounge hours, for those very early departures.
- Complimentary selection of hot and cold canapés as part of our evening presentation.
- An honor bar available for service between 12:00 p.m – 9:30 p.m.daily.
- Complimentary mineral water, soft drinks, coffee, espresso drinks and selection of teas from open until 10:00 p.m.
- Complimentary wireless internet, computer access, and use of the Fairmont Gold iPad based on availability.
- Two hours of complimentary use of the Fairmont Gold Boardroom, based on availability.
- The Jetside Bar is located just past the main Reception and Elevator lobby at the Fairmont YVR, overlooking the airport’s transborder terminal. Overheight floor-to-ceiling windows offer views of the north runway and the North Shore Mountains beyond, and plane-spotting can be enjoyed here by day or night. A real bonus is the bar’s locally-inspired menu, which features BC specialties, local wines and craft brews on tap.
- Globe@YVR is conveniently located adjacent to the Jetside Bar in an open-air concept that features the same magnificent views as its casual counterpart. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner are served up here, and reservations are strongly recommended – honestly. It’s not the cheapest option in the airport for dining, but it is the best in terms of quality and ingredients, not to mention service, by far.
- Fairmont President’s Club Membership is worth registering for. It’s free, and offers immediate benefits for guests like complimentary high-speed internet access, business center usage, and dedicated check-in facilities. It’s one of my absolute favorite preferred guest programs of any hotel, and I am baffled by how many people never think of registering for it.
- The Health Club at the Fairmont YVR is often-overlooked, despite having some fantastic facilities like a swim-against-the-current pool, Jacuzzis, and a small fleet of workout equipment. Forgot your workout gear? The Fairmont will lend you some for a small fee. Even better, Fairmont Gold and Fairmont President’s Club Members can access the gym 24 hours a day.
- Airline Self-Check-in Kiosks are located in the lobby at the Fairmont YVR for Air Canada, WestJet and other select airlines. Print your boarding passes and get on your way!
WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE…
- Vancouver International Airport: the Fairmont YVR is located literally above the Transborder (U.S.) check-in area, meaning you can be checked out of the hotel and at the gates for Delta in under a minute. The International and Domestic areas of YVR are just a short walk further.
- The CanadaLine Train, which departs just outside the International and Transborder sides of the Main Terminal, offers fast access to downtown Vancouver’s Waterfront Station, located at the foot of Granville and Cordova. Canada Place is a two-minute walk to the West; Gastown is a two minute walk to the East.
AIRPORTS AND CRUISE PORTS
- To Canada Place Cruise Ship Terminal: 25 minutes via CanadaLine Train; 30+ minutes via taxi.
- To Ballantyne Cruise Terminal: approximately 40 minutes by taxi.
- To the Port of Seattle by QuickShuttle or Rental Car: approximately three hours.
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009