- Photo Tours
- Live Voyage Reports
- Expedition & Niche Cruises
- Hurtigruten Midnatsol – North Cape
- Passing Cloud – Sailing Haida Gwaii
- Safari Endeavour – Alaska’s Glacier Country
- Safari Voyager – Mexico’s Sea of Cortes
- Schooner Zodiac – Brew Cruise 2013
- Schooner Zodiac – Wine Cruise
- Silver Discoverer – Australia to Indonesia
- Silver Explorer – British Isles
- Wind Spirit – Stockholm to Oslo
- Wind Star – Rome to Nice
- Luxury Cruises
- Mainstream Cruises
- River Cruises
- AmaLotus – Cambodia & Vietnam
- AmaLyra- Christmas Markets
- Emerald Waterways Emerald Star – Danube Delights
- Tauck ms Inspire – Maiden Voyage
- Tauck Swiss Jewel – Blue Danube
- Viking Baldur – Rhine Christmas
- Viking Freya – Danube Christmas
- Viking Longships Christening 2012
- Viking Longships Christening 2013
- Expedition & Niche Cruises
- Airport Guides
- About FTDC
- The Avid Cruiser
Trump Hotel Toronto
325 Bay Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Tel: 416.306.5800
Everyone seemingly knows Donald Trump, but less are likely to know that one of the most prestigious properties in Toronto, Canada bears his familiar namesake. First opened in 2012, the Trump Hotel Toronto is perfectly suited to those who have a long stay in the largest city in Canada, or even those who have an overnight stay between flights at nearby Toronto Pearson International Airport. This is truly one hotel that’s worth the drive into the city for!
Standing 65 stories tall, the Trump Hotel Toronto rises 908 feet into the Toronto skyline and is currently the tallest residential building in Canada, owing to the fact that private residences are also available on-site. The hotel opened for business at the end of January 2012, and during our April 2012 stay – just days away from the official Grand Opening – the property won us over with its luxurious, understated amenities and astonishing service.
One of the largest perks to staying at the Trump Hotel Toronto is the Trump Attaché service. Did you forget to pack your favorite cologne or perfume? Trump Attaché will get it for you, whenever possible, 24 hours a day. Requests can be as simple as arranging transportation to and from Pearson International, to arranging personalised business cards and stationary for your visit. Plus, it’s all done for only the raw cost of the product you need; no additional fees are charged.
I utilised Trump Attaché to notify the hotel of my allergy to nuts; when I arrived, my entire mini-bar had been cleared of anything with even a trace amount of nuts – a service I appreciated greatly.
“Old-world elegance meets technological prowess” might be an excellent way to describe rooms at the Trump Hotel Toronto, the smallest of which measures a fantastic 550 square feet and includes a marble bath with dual-vanity sink, a soaker tub, separate shower, and a separate toilet room. Finished in stone and accented with a television inset into the vanity mirror, you could be forgiven for never wanting to leave the bathroom.
Rooms themselves are done in the hotel’s signature color scheme – Champagne & Caviar. Richly coloured curtains and trim complement the sparkling white Italian Bellino Linens that adorn the pillow-soft beds that are still the most comfortable I’ve slept in to this day.
In-room Wi-Fi internet access is provided free of charge, as are local calls. Technological advances are incorporated throughout, including a bedside console for controlling the room’s numerous lighting options and electronic window coverings, along with an in-room sound system compatible with iPhones, iPods and iPads.
Complimentary coffee, tea and bottled water are offered standard, and an extensive pillow menu is offered, should you want something other than the pillows the room is fitted with (though they’re so soothing, we can’t see anyone using the service!)
- STOCK Restaurant Bar and Lounge is a one-of-a-kind dining venue in Toronto. Headed up by Chef Todd Clarmo, the focus here is on finely-prepared seafood and steak – including the massive “Tomohawk” 50 ounce steak that can be yours for the taking if your appetite allows! The Pan-Seared Quebec Foie Gras will melt in your mouth, and the seafood – like the Seared Sea Scallops with truffle and spinach risotto – will have you thinking you’re closer to the ocean than you really are.
- SUITS Lobby Lounge is the place to go for a quick après-work meeting or an after-dinner aperitif. There’s a spectacular Martini menu offered here that features cherry-blossom-infused Vodka created exclusively for STOCK and SUITS. Open from 3pm Monday to Saturday.
- Wines, Spirits and Beers offered at STOCK and in the SUITS Lobby Lounge are almost unparalleled. A floor-to-ceiling wall boasting nearly 1,000 bottles of hand-picked wines adorns STOCK, while focus is given to crafting one of the country’s most impressive lists of naturally-produced, sustainable wines and local craft beers.
- Quartz Crystal Spa offers all the expected spa amenities, including persona fitness training and full-day revitalization treatments designed for both men and women. The stunning Infinity Lap Pool is located on the hotel’s 32nd floor, and offers a zero-edge pool measuring 65 feet by 16 feet with an average depth of 4.5 feet. It utilises natural salt chlorine for water that is softer and less irritating to skin and eyes.
- Weddings: We kid you not: you’ll want to get married here, and the hotel has the event space to allow it.
WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE…
- The CN Tower: is a must-see for any first-time visit to Toronto. Rising over 1,800 feet into the sky, it was the world’s tallest free-standing structure and the world’s tallest tower until the construction of the Burj Khalifa and the Canton Tower in 2010. It remains the tallest tower in North America.
- Toronto Eaton’s Centre: has all your shopping needs – and then some – located just one block away from the hotel.
- Toronto Island Park: is just a short ferry ride away, and can be accessed from ferries departing from the foot of Yonge Street.
AIRPORTS AND CRUISE PORTS
- From Toronto Pearson International Airport: Approximately 35 minutes.
- From Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport: Approximately 20 minutes (Air Canada Express / Porter Airlines only.)
Sign up for the Avid Cruiser newsletter
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009